Occupational Health and Safety Policy Statement
As Directors we are committed to ensuring the effective occupational health and safety, performance of Sector 8 Solutions Limited. We are all required to accept responsibility for our actions, to safeguard our own health and safety and working environment and that of third parties who may be affected by our activities.
Sector 8 Solutions Policy is to deliver a safe professional service, through competent safety-conscious employees to fulfil our contractual obligations, exceed customer expectations and ensure that occupational health and safety risks from our activities are identified and effectively managed. This will be achieved through effective Planning, Organising, Objective setting, Measuring, Audit, Review and Training.
Pursuant to this Policy we shall:
- Provide suitable and sufficient resources to comply with our occupational health and safety Policy
- Meet as a minimum all occupational health and safety legislation applicable to our activities
- Regularly assess the impact and risk associated with our activities
- Set SMART objectives with the aim of continual improvement
- Monitor, manage and prevent instances of occupational ill health
- Include occupational health and safety considerations in investment decisions
- Continually strive to reduce the number of accidents/incidents within our workplace and prevent injury to staff and members of the public
- Encourage staff involvement and participation
- Provide suitable and sufficient Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Investigate all reported accidents, incidents, near misses, close calls dangerous occurrences and implement corrective action as required
- Develop and implement organisational Procedures to provide clarity to our activities
- Manage Occupational Road Risk (MORR) associated with our Drivers and Vehicles
- Raise employee awareness and competence through training
The Company maintains an occupational health and safety management system to meet the requirements of OHSAS 18001:2007 and is focussed on continual improvement of services to both our internal and external Customers.
Our health, safety, quality and environment manager has delegated authority to review and improve our occupational health and safety management system Policies, Procedures and Manuals, as required. And as such, has responsibility for communicating, and supporting the implementation and maintenance of our Policy at all levels throughout our organisation.
Opportunity to provide input to this Policy will be provided through our consultation Procedure, and shall be effectively communicated throughout Sector 8 Solutions Limited, to members of the public on request and other interested parties using appropriate media.
This Policy will be reviewed at least annually or where there have been changes to Legislation, Standards, organisation activities or risks associated with such activities.
A copy of this policy is displayed at reception.