Corporate & Social Responsibility Policy
The Sector 8 Solutions Corporate Responsibility Strategy (CRS) is based on the ten principles of sustainability (One Planet Living) and progress is tracked through the measurement of the following key sustainability performance indicators.
1. Carbon emissions reduction.
2. Waste minimisation.
3. Sustainable business transport.
4. Local and sustainable materials.
5. Local and sustainable food.
6. Sustainable water usage.
7. Protection of natural habitats and wildlife.
8. Protection of culture and heritage.
9. Equity, honesty and fair trade.
10. Health and happiness
This policy covers.
1. Our relationships with clients and suppliers.
2. The natural environment.
3. Our role in the community.
4. Our people and their workplace
1. Our relationship with clients and suppliers.
We are a client-focused business delivering high quality professional services and adding value to clients’ businesses by providing them with sustainable solutions.
• If client requirements appear contrary to environmental, health and safety and social interests, we actively seek an alternative approach.
• We will not participate in projects that may be environmentally or socially damaging or unsafe.
• We will not be involved in any business initiative or projects where there are suspicions of bribery, corruption, breaches of human rights, unlawful or anti-competitive practices.
• All work delivered to clients is subject to formal contract agreement.
• Client and supplier feedback is actively encouraged and used to further improve the delivery of our services.
• We procure goods and services from suppliers who share our corporate responsibility principles and can demonstrate a sustainable and ethical approach to their own activities.
• We work with all our suppliers to constantly improve our performance and reduce our carbon footprint. Where we identify unacceptable performance in the supply chain we will instigate urgent remedial action.
Client & Supplier Key Performance Indicators
• Client retention.
• Client & supplier satisfaction surveys & reviews.
• Minimising client complaints.
• Percentage of suppliers with Corporate Social Responsibility policies in place
• Percentage compliance of our supplier pre-qualification questionnaires
2. The natural environment
We are committed to ensuring that the needs of the natural environment are fully taken into consideration across all of its activities, to help achieve “living within environmental limits”.
We operate effective controls throughout the business to ensure environmental objectives and targets are met.
We work closely with our clients to ensure that together we maximise environmental benefits and minimise adverse impacts.
• Maintain, and where possible, exceed compliance with current environmental legislation.
• Anticipate the demands of future policy and regulation.
• Demonstrate the positive impacts we can bring to bear through our professional advice and services to our client base
• Achieve efficient, sustainable use of resources such as energy and water.
• Quantify and report greenhouse gas emissions.
Environmental Key Performance Indicators
• Carbon emissions related to use of fossil fuels and company owned vehicles (tonnes of CO2e/year).
• Carbon emissions related to the consumption of purchased electricity (tonnes of CO2e/year).
• Carbon emissions related to business travel, office commuting, leased vehicles and the supply chain (tonnes of CO2e/year).
• Maximise quantities of waste sent for recycling and minimise quantities sent to landfill (tonnes/year).
• Office water usage per head/year.
• Reportable environmental incidents.
3. Our Role in the Community
We are committed to an active role in the local communities within which we operate, contributing towards local sustainability.
We aim to be a valued, respected and responsible member of communities, striving at all times to act in a lawful, transparent and socially responsible manner.
Our staff are actively encouraged to support good causes and charities and the company makes financial contributions to fundraising activities organised by staff to support charities.
Whenever possible we are working to support our local communities by:
• Using local suppliers and local, seasonal produce with a low carbon footprint.
• Encouraging staff involvement in local charitable organisations, voluntary sector groups and community projects.
• Developing alliances with local businesses and communities that will be of mutual benefit.
• Providing training opportunities/work experience for local school/university leavers.
• Supporting initiatives that bring together key industries to debate, influence and promote sustainable activities.
Community Key Performance Indicators
• Total financial contributions to charities.
• Number of work experience placements
4. Our people and their workplace
We recognise that staff are our most valuable asset and that their integrity, commitment and loyalty is vital to how we conduct our business, and to the long-term success of the company.
We support our staff and maintain our workplaces by the following.
• We continually strive to be ‘an employer of choice’, attracting and retaining a talented, highly competent and motivated workforce.
• Our staff are actively encouraged to develop skills, knowledge and competencies to help them realise their full potential, resulting in job satisfaction and loyalty to the business.
• We value, reward, recognise and promote people with fairness and equality.
• We provide a healthy, safe and secure working environment for all employees, visitors and others who may be affected by our working activities.
• We are committed to addressing possible areas of concern to employees and to continually improving performance as an employer.
• Supported by our anti-corruption, equality & diversity and code of conduct policies and formal business procedures we strive to ensure that all our employees conduct business in an honest, fair and professional manner.
• We are committed to achieving the “Investors in People” status which we see as a major and continual benefit to all our employees and the company as a whole.
Our people and workplace key performance indicators.
• All staff have personal development plans and annual appraisal.
• All new staff undergo an induction programme.
• Staff satisfaction survey results.
• Support for further education courses.
• % staff turnover
A copy of this policy is provided to each employee as part of the Company Induction.